Our principles are our goals
These are our cornerstone values
To seek the maximum satisfaction of our clients through the design and manufacture of high-quality products with innovative features, respecting the environment and collaborating in the sustainable development of our surroundings.
To persistently propose, apply and manage continuous improvement, always seeking “zero defects”. To include our clients and suppliers in this dynamic, as a way to obtain mutual benefit and guarantee a long-lasting relationship.
To train and motivate our workforce, as the only way to maintain the highest standards of quality and innovation.
And this is our code of ethics
This Code of Ethics determines the business conduct principles and values that BETAPACK, S.A.U is governed by, and establishes a public commitment to their fulfilment.
The following principles that encompass social, environmental and fair business practices constitute the rules of business conduct applicable to all BETAPACK, S.A.U staff, from Management to employees.
And as a sign of the importance that Betapack attaches to these principles, it is registered on the SEDEX platform and regularly audited under the SMETA 4 pillars.
BETAPACK, S.A.U is characterised by its compliance with the laws and regulations applicable in all the countries in which it carries out its business activities.
In addition, all internal rules and regulations that are applicable in a given situation must be complied with. These internal rules are specific to BETAPACK, S.A.U and may go beyond legal requirements.
BETAPACK, S.A.U respects the applicable labour laws, including adequate payment of salaries and rejects at all times forced labour or that carried out by minors.
This commitment implies
- Compliance with fundamental rights and legal prohibitions concerning slavery and child labour, and avoiding discrimination of any kind.
- Making employment decisions based solely on individual merit and avoiding discrimination due to any individual characteristic such as age, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, different ability, marital status or sexual orientation, among others.
- Recognising the right to freedom of association.
- Providing a safe, healthy, productive and dignified work environment.
- Fully respecting the differences and opinions of others with the consequent prohibition of all types of harassment and discrimination.
BETAPACK, S.A.U cares for the environment, carrying out its business activities in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner to minimise the impact of its operations.
- Maintaining a healthy environment, minimising its impacts as much as possible during the life cycle of the product (conception, development, production, transport, use and recycling).
- Improving processes and procedures to minimise the impact on the environment and the communities in which we operate.
- Making responsible use of natural resources.
- Effectively managing waste.
BETAPACK, S.A.U carries out its activity adapting the appropriate measures to prevent any infringement of human rights and minimise impacts in this respect.
BETAPACK, S.A.U respects and supports the fulfilment of the internationally recognised human rights following the requirements established in the UNGP (United Nations Guiding Principles); thus, it wishes to extend this commitment to its suppliers, clients and employees.
BETAPACK, S.A.U and its suppliers are committed to complying with ethical standards in their dealings with workers, suppliers, governmental and regulatory authorities. Illegal or inappropriate forms of activity, including but not limited to corruption, misrepresentation, extortion, embezzlement or bribery, are strictly prohibited and may result in termination of agreements and legal action.
- Rejection of any act of corruption or bribery. All operations must be transparent, meaning that all transactions must comply with anti-corruption laws, including requirements to maintain complete and accurate accounting books and records.
- Compliance with fair business standards in advertising, sales and competition.
- No giving or accepting gifts, rebates, or any form of gratuity as compensation for preferential treatment.
- Selection processes for suppliers and services based on quality, need, performance and cost, always within legal limits. Discriminatory criteria or favouritism will never be used.
- Compliance with laws regarding data protection, use and confidentiality.
- Avoidance of conflicts of interest, i.e. when the interests of an employee or a third party compete with the general interests of BETAPACK, S.A.U, resolving the situation in a fair and transparent manner.