Our basic and unconditional aims are:
- Seeking our clients’ maximum satisfaction through the design and manufacture of high-quality products with innovative features
- Respect for the environment and cooperation in the sustainable development of our surroundings
- Proposing, implementing and managing continuous, ongoing improvement in a tireless search for "zero defects.”. We include our clients and suppliers in this dynamic as a way of reaping mutual benefits and ensuring a lasting relationship.
- Ongoing training and motivation of our team is the only way to maintain the highest standards of quality and technical innovation.
CODE OF ETHICS OF BETAPACK S.A.U
This Code of Ethics defines the principles and values of corporate value that govern BETAPACK, S.A.U and establishes a public commitment for compliance with them.
The following principles which encompass the social and environmental spheres and fair business practices constitute the rules of business conduct that apply to all the staff at BETAPACK, S.A.U, from the Management to the employees.
1. COMPLIANCE WITH RULES, LAWS AND REGULATIONS
BETAPACK, S.A.U is characterised by compliance with the laws and regulations that apply in all the countries where it carries out its business activities.
Also, all the internal rules and regulations that apply in a specific situation must be complied with. These internal rules are specific to BETAPACK, S.A.U and may go beyond the requirements of the law.
2. COMPLIANCE WITH SOCIAL AND LABOUR POLICY
BETAPACK, S.A.U respects the applicable labour laws, including the proper payment of salaries and at all times rejects forced labour or labour carried out by minors.
This commitment entails:
- Complying with fundamental rights and legal prohibitions relating to slavery and child labour, as well as preventing any type of discrimination. Taking labour decisions solely based on individual merit and preventing discrimination based on any individual characteristic such as age, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, different ability, civil status or sexual orientation, among others.
- Recognising the right to freedom of association.
- Providing a safe, healthy, productive and decent working environment.
- Fully respecting the differences and opinions of others with the consequent prohibition of all kinds of harassment and discrimination.
3. RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
BETAPACK, S.A.U looks after the environment, carrying out its business activities in an environmentally friendly and sustainable way in order to minimise the impact of its operations.
- Maintaining a healthy environment, fully minimising its impact during the life cycle of the product (design, development, production, transport, use and recycling).
- Improving processes and procedures in order to minimise the impact on the environment and communities that we operate in.
- Using natural resources responsibly.
- Effectively managing waste.
4. RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
BETAPACK, S.A.U carries out its activity by adopting the appropriate measures to prevent any violation of human rights and minimise impact in this regard.
BETAPACK, S.A.U respects and supports compliance with internationally recognized human rights by following the requirements established in the UNGP (United Nations Guiding Principles), therefore it wishes to extend this commitment to its suppliers, clients and employees.
5. FAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES
BETAPACK, S.A.U and its suppliers undertake to comply with ethical standards on the treatment of workers, suppliers, governmental authorities and regulation. Forms of illegal or improper activity, including among others, corruption, false statements, extortion, embezzlement and bribery, are completely prohibited and may result in the termination of agreements taken and the start of legal proceedings.
- Rejecting any type of act of corruption or bribery. All operations must be transparent, therefore all transactions must comply with anti corruption laws, including the requirements to keep accounting books and complete and precise records.
- Complying with fair trade rules on advertising, sales and competition.
- Not giving or accepting gifts, refunds, or any kind of gratuity as a reward in order to obtain preferential treatment.
- Carrying out a selection of suppliers and services based on quality, need, performance and cost, always subject to legal limits. Discriminatory criteria and favouritism will never be used.
- Complying with laws relating to the protection, use and confidentiality of data.
- Preventing conflicts of interest, that is to say when the interests of an employee or third party compete with the general interests of BETAPACK, S.A.U, resolving the situation in a fair and transparent way.
Irún, 18 December 2019